Sunday, November 30, 2008

Purpose of our prayer group

Warrior Mom's Of Christ In Prayer, has started a prayer group over our school district. Our first prayer meeting was Thursday, November 13, 2008.

Thursday was such an exciting, humbling and anointed time of fellowship as we agreed with the Word of God in prayer over our schools, children, teachers, staff and administration at all the schools in the district!

We are excited to see other mother's rise up and pray in agreement over our children in this time of spiritual warfare that only the Lord can rebuke. We want to pray effectively according to the Word of God!

The Purpose of this group: Give glory to God as we fellowship, cast our cares of our children on the Lord, meeting "like-minded" women in passionate pursuit for the Lord.

All prayer requests are prayed within the group of women that do come together. They are kept confidential between the women as we cast these prayers to the Lord. We do not have glorified "gossip" prayer requests. We pray and speak life of the Word of God over situations and people...we do not want to pray what we see, we want to only pray by faith the Word of God!

For example, if a child is struggling in a subject at school, we can pray effectively:

"Father God, in the name of Jesus, we thank you for the Holy Spirit who touches this child. We thank you that this child is confident in You and has the Mind of Christ. We thank you Lord that he/she is able to comprehend, understand and effectively do the work required of him/her. We thank you Lord that he/she can do ALL things through Christ Jesus, which is his/her strength. We thank you Father God that understanding and wisdom of You is desired by this child moreso than popularity or "acceptance" of other peers. Lord we thank you that in this child's weakness Your strength is made perfect. So Father we thank you for favor over this child. As favor has a purpose on this child which is to attain what is needed at this time and with that favor he/she is able to encourage other children and build confidence within themselves that all mental blocks would fall and be replaced with understanding. As understanding is received, so excellence will be his/her tool to glorify You Lord. We thank you that we utilize the faith that You have placed within us! For we know that without faith it is impossible to please You Lord! We thank you in advance for victory in this area! In Jesus name we pray, Amen."

Another example, if you as a parent are struggling with a teacher, whom you believe is not teaching effectively and even tearing down your child's confidence, we can pray effectively to the Lord:

"Father God, in the name of Jesus, we are reminded of your Word which says to "Love our enemies do good to those who hate us. Pray for those who curse use us and hurt us"... Lord we know we are reminded of this by the power of the Holy Spirit. So in this situation we pray a blessing over this teacher. Father, I commit this situation to you. Father, I am angry and I don't feel like doing any of those things that you have commanded us to do. Lord, I know we are called to do this for our own good, as it gives us opportunity to lean on you and see you glorified in this situation. You have called us to pray effectively and Father, I don't know what else to do but to release this teacher to you. Father, there are issues in his/her heart that I do not know about it. I thank you for your compassion that you place on me on his/her behalf. Lord, I thank you that you take care of this situation and Lord you make a way for my child. I pray compassion in my child's heart as well to pray for this teacher. Lord, I thank you even this teacher was fearfully and wonderfully made by you. Lord, I pray the oil of joy for mourning over this teacher, beauty for ashes over this teacher. Father, I pray his/her heart would be softened and notice the way he/she has been approaching our children. I pray that you would convict his/her heart to favor our children and that you would bring forth ministering laborers into his/her life to show your love and that he/she would accept You as the Lord and Savior of his/her life. Lord, I forgive this teacher, for he/she does not know what he/she does. Lord, as I release and cast this over to you, I know in turn that you care for me and my child. Lord, by faith I speak to this "mountain", which is this circumstance and I say to it, "Be cast into the sea" and I believe and do not doubt in my heart, and because I believe, I speak, and as I speak, therefore I know that I have what I believe without wavering. Thank you for Your compassion to prevail in my heart over this teacher and I thank you in advance that this is taken care of, and You receive all glory and honor. In Jesus name I pray, Amen."

I believe the Lord is equipping us to see what faith's purpose is. It is not a cliche that we tend to loosely use. It is a tool that is used to effectively see God move. For He is not moved by our situations, circumstances, sadness, or defeats. He cannot be manipulated, for He is God...the only thing that pleases Him is faith! So as we commit EVERYTHING to the Lord, He will make it successful, when it is according to His Will!

If you have prayer requests for your child, please email us at: wmcip@yahoo.com

All requests are made known to only the prayer group, and then we "lay" those requests and burdens at the feet of Jesus through prayer as we release it to Him.

God bless you and keep you in all your ways! Let us walk in love, not fretting, and have faith in God. The trial comes after our faith in God, so let us count it all joy, meaning let us be joyful on purpose, as the Joy of the Lord is our strength. As our faith is tried, we will only see how much greater God is. As those situations try to make itself appear bigger than God, we can remind that "giant" that it's going down today, because of the God we serve, just as David shouted to his adversary, Goliath! As we war in prayer, let us pick up the one's who are growing weary. For we do not want to grow weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart or lose faith!

Scripture References:
Philippians 2:2
James 5:16
I Corinthians 2:16
Philippians 4:13
Hebrews 11:6
Luke 6:27-28
Proverbs 16:3
Psalm 139:14
Isaiah 61:3
Matthew 9:38
I Peter 5:7
Mark 11:22-26
James 1:2-4
Psalm 37:8
I Samuel 17:41-47
Galatians 6:9
II Thessalonians 3:13

No comments: